Trending In Digital transformation strategies for hospitality businesses
Bill Gates once said, “Automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify efficiency, and to an inefficient operation will magnify inefficiency”.
While there is no greater driver of change in today’s world than technology, digital transformation is not just about technology investment. But, it also includes adapting to and empowering innovations that are leveraging technology. So it is no coincidence that the world leaders in travel are constantly finding ways to transform their organizations using technology to remain ahead of the game.
Let’s explore various methods for digitizing your hospitality business and harnessing technology to its fullest potential.
- Define Your Digitalization Goals
Before you start your journey, you must first know your destination. So create clear objectives for what you want to digitalize and what you expect to achieve. This may include streamlining the operations, enhancing customer experience, inventory & revenue management, or enhancing marketing & sales. Make sure you set up realistic and measurable goals with proper milestones so you can measure progress
2. Embrace a Mobile-First Approach
Ensure that your website is responsive and optimized for mobile devices with quick load times and a great experience on smaller screens. Implement a user-friendly, mobile-optimized booking engine that allows guests to easily search for availability and complete bookings on their smartphones.
3. Leverage Data
Effectively using big data to target potential customers is the key to digital marketing You can use various potential customer data sources to optimize your business offerings:
- Metadata – location, browser, device, session duration, and referral source
- Behavioral data: previous travel bookings, search inquiries, destination searches, email subscriptions and online activities
- CRM data: purchase history, details, and service preferences
- Soial media data: rankings, service feedback, shared photos, geo-tagged locations, and social media comments.
4. Invest in Tools
There are various tools to help you automate your activities and improve efficiency in your business
- Customer Relationship Management: A CRM system will help you to track and manage all your customer interactions like bookings, inquiries, and feedback.
- Workforce Management Systems: A WMS will analyze employee performance and provide feedback, identify training needs, and track employee engagement. It can also help to forecast demand and adjust staffing levels accordingly
- Property Management System: A PMS application will help manage reservations, check-in and check-out, room assignments, housekeeping schedules, etc.
- Energy Management Systems: An EMS will help you to control light as well as heating and cooling to ensure no wastage of energy when rooms are unoccupied or when they are not required.
5. Use VR Technology
You can use VR to allow people to experience their travel – including destinations, journeys, attractions, hotels, etc. before they book. This creates greater trust in customers and also facilitates more informed decisions thus improving customer satisfaction.